Engineering InternSan Francisco, CA · View all jobs
As an Intern you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and shipping independent end-to-end projects. When it comes to the work we do, we don’t distinguish between “intern” and “full-time” at Mixmax. You'll be working side by side with our Engineering team given the same projects and working on highest priorities for the company.
We’re a small but very skilled team deeply invested in your professional development. You will have the ability to contribute to broad strategic discussions. We want to help you learn how a successful software startup operates
Previous interns have designed, built, and deployed projects like:
- Architecting a full-stack framework for making any Mixmax content (eg templates, sequences) shareable between users and teams
- Extending our custom rich-text editor with its own domain-specific language for our advanced users
- Developing a new technique for securing our microservices against CSRF attacks (made it to the front page of Hacker News!)
Just like full-time employees, interns have also published open-source projects, published engineering blog posts, helped to recruit new engineers, and even mentored full-time hires.
Each of these projects was only one of many that each intern worked on over the course of their term. You’ll have the chance to work across our infrastructure on the technology and product areas that interest you.
- You are enrolled in an Engineering or Computer Science program and graduating soon (in 2019-2020)
- You have have been involved in a professional engineering setting, such as by having a previous internship or having contributed to a prominent open-source project.
- You have significant experience building and shipping web applications
We’re especially fond of people who:
- Have experience in ElasticSearch, Mongo, and/or Redis
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities
- Represent the team and product at conferences
At Mixmax, our mission is to change how the world communicates. We’re reinventing email for business: helping sales, customer success, and recruiting teams sell, succeed, and hire better. More than 10,000 customers rely on us to get their jobs done. We’re profitable, growing fast, and we want your help to grow even faster!
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
As a team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career. Check out our Instagram to see how much fun we have together!
Our headquarters is in San Francisco walking distance from Caltrain and BART. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, generous health, dental & vision, and fitness reimbursement benefits. And you get to work on product people LOVE!