Senior Product ManagerSan Francisco, CA · View all jobs
We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager to join our team! As an founding member of the product team, you’ll play a pivotal role in developing product as a function at Mixmax. You’ll shape our overall product roadmap and strategy, write specs, ship and refine genre-defining features. You’re passionate, customer-focused, and you enjoy balancing tactics and strategy.
We’re flexible on leveling. The team is fast-growing, so there are opportunities across the spectrum of seniority and management experience.
Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we are actively committed to building a more inclusive work environment. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
What does success look like?
Eye for simplification
You have an uncanny ability to add value, without adding complexity to the product. We think carefully and methodically before adding features to aim for the best user experience possible. We want our product to work just as well for individual use as for mid-market teams, as Mixmax should always scale with you and your business.
Our mission, to be the communications platform for customer-facing teams, is bold, and we’re excited about the challenge. You are able to frame what’s at stake in every product conversation, and use data and analysis to inform decision making.
You love meeting and inspiring customers, and understanding what they’re trying to achieve. You are an active listener, and ask open-ended questions to learn more about who you’re building for. You’ll have many internal stakeholders, and you enjoy being the organizational glue that keeps us focused on what matters, while building strength in our differences.
Execution & detail-orientation
Your teams feel incredibly well taken care of, as you’re able to disambiguate and provide clarity for teammates and customers. You have experience writing clear product specifications and building wireframes, and have a proven track record of end-to-end product launches. You help ideate, scope, prioritize and QA, while making sure your team hits the objectives you’ve jointly committed to.
There are endless ways to solve the same problem, and you enjoy thinking about different ways we can achieve the same amount of customer value. Problems can be solved in various ways, such as in code, UX, modifying the product positioning, smarter pricing, and more!
Why is this an awesome opportunity?
- Product-focus is core to the company culture. The founding team worked as PM, Design and Engineering leads before creating Mixmax.
- The majority of our revenue is self-serve, a testament to how easy to use the product is. If you like working on virally-driven, self-serve focused products, we’re it!
- We ship fast! Check this out for an overview of new features.
- We do our due diligence before starting major projects. Projects don't get canned at Mixmax.
- Each PM owns a set of objectives(OKRs), and runs cross-functional and self-managing teams to hit our objectives. There’s an enormous amount of autonomy, ownership and responsibility.
- We iterate and modify team process at least quarterly across engineering, design, and product, so that we’re constantly learning and improving. If you’re excited about shaping the future of a fast-growing product team, you’ll have the opportunity to do so here.
To learn more about what it's like to be a PM at Mixmax, please check out this Q&A blog post with the hiring manager, Olof Mathé, CEO & Co-founder!