VP of EngineeringSan Francisco, CA · View all jobs
Mixmax is looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to develop and manage our engineering team. You’ll partner with the CTO and other leaders in the organization to help lead the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
You have experience recruiting and building diverse engineering teams. For you, recruiting is always a priority, motivated by a unstoppable passion for building a team of people who are proud to work together. You lead by example, promoting a positive and inclusive company culture and fostering trust and transparency. You treat everyone as a peer and are an active listener. People are always impressed at your prioritization ability, driven by your strong customer-centric instinct and passion for delivering incredible customer experiences.
- Help shape and translate the company priorities into a clear and actionable engineering roadmap, balanced with tech debt and other engineering priorities
- Be accountable for project execution and quality
- Recruit and build the future of the engineering team, focusing on diversity
- Internally promote and train promising leaders on the team
- Continuously work to improve process and workflow, in engineering, and cross-functionally
- Promote the Mixmax Engineering brand in the greater community (eg host events, contribute to open source, encourage teammates to speak at conferences)
- Establish and manage relationships with outside software vendors and security firms
- Shape engineering best practices and policies
- 10+ years in engineering, with 5+ at executive-level
- Experience with management of teams of 30+ engineers
- Experience recruiting, growing and leveling up an engineering team, including training and mentoring new managers and tech leads
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience leading globally distributed engineering teams (½ of our team is remote).
- Experience in SaaS startups
Get to Know Us!
At Mixmax, our mission is to change how the world communicates. We’re reinventing email for business: helping sales, customer success, and recruiting teams sell, succeed, and hire better. More than 10,000 customers rely on us to get their jobs done. We’re profitable, growing fast, and we want your help to grow even faster!
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
As a team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career. Check out our Instagram to see how much fun we have together!
Our headquarters is in San Francisco walking distance from Caltrain and BART. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, generous health, dental & vision, and fitness reimbursement benefits. And you get to work on product people LOVE!