Senior Software Engineer - PlatformSan Francisco, CA · View all jobs
We're looking to hire a senior platform engineer to our San Francisco based office. In this role, you’ll be working with the team in all aspects of the product from end to end. You’ll be a key communicator, working both cross-functionally in our San Francisco office and across our distributed organization.
Mixmax is the hub for all your business communications. We integrate with your company's existing toolchain - email, calendar, chat, CRM, and more - to bring all information into one place. This means we're syncing, storing, & indexing hundreds of millions of events a day into our system, and then building blazing fast APIs and rich integrations to delight users. Additionally, we have an extensive Developer API that powers entire third party products.
As a platform engineer you’ll be a part of a team specifically focused on building out the next generation of our system. This means being a member of a team that values continuous and collective learning, culture over process, data driven development and always asking tons of questions.We actively blog about our work, contribute to open source, sponsor Open Collectives, and host/present at meetups - we actively encourage you to do the same and under your own name.
Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we are actively committed to building a more inclusive work environment. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
As a senior platform engineer, you’ll:
- Lead and contribute to the development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other platform guild members.
- Contribute to raising the high availability and reliability of Mixmax’s platform.
- Advocate for cutting edge, and high quality, processes and tools within the platform guild and across the entire engineering organization.
- Use, and improve, out monitoring tools and platforms to help influence our technical roadmap with data driven decision making.
- Work with Node, Go, AWS, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Terraform, React.
- Contribute to scaling our distributed worker system.
Requirements and skills you possess:
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of: Node, Go, Mongo, Elasticsearch.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following AWS services: VPC, EC2, ELB, Lambda
- Have excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
Awesome if you also:
- Have monitored large server fleets and complex interacting subsystems (we love Statsd and Grafana 💜).
- Have experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous distributed work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems.
- Are an open source contributor.
- Are familiar with email protocols (SMTP, RFC822).
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team
Get to Know Us!
At Mixmax, our mission is to change how the world communicates. We’re reinventing email for business: helping sales, customer success, and recruiting teams sell, succeed, and hire better. More than 10,000 customers rely on us to get their jobs done. We’re profitable, growing fast, and we want your help to grow even faster!
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
As a team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career. Check out our Instagram to see how much fun we have together!
We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, generous health, dental & vision, and fitness reimbursement benefits. And you get to work on product people LOVE!