Senior Software Engineer - Web (Remote)Remote · View all jobs
We're looking to hire a web engineer to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you’ll be working with us remotely in all aspects of the product from end to end.
Mixmax is the hub for all your business communications. We integrate with your company's existing toolchain - email, calendar, chat, CRM, and more - to bring all information into one place. This means we're syncing, storing, & indexing hundreds of millions of events a day into our system, and then building blazing fast APIs and rich integrations to delight users. Additionally, we have an extensive Developer API that powers entire third party products.
As a web engineer you’ll be a part of a team specifically focused on building out the next generation of our system. This means being a member of a team that values continuous and collective learning, culture over process, data driven development and always asking tons of questions.We actively blog about our work, contribute to open source, sponsor Open Collectives, and host/present at meetups - we actively encourage you to do the same and under your own name.
Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we are actively committed to building a more inclusive work environment. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
As a web engineer, you’ll:
- Lead and contribute to the development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other web engineers.
- Be directly involved in the entire development lifecycle of improvements to Mixmax’s product.
- Work with your team to improve our delivery processes and advocate for building maintainable, high quality code in a distributed codebase.
- Work with React, Node, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Contribute to Mixmax’s open source libraries.
Requirements and skills you possess:
- Excellent knowledge of: Node, React, or other front-end frameworks.
- Working knowledge of at least one of: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Have excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
- Have worked remotely before for at least 1 year
- Work in an area where you can have at least 4 hours overlap with 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time
Awesome if you also:
- Have worked in a distributed codebase.
- Have contributed to open source.
- Are familiar with email protocols (SMTP, RFC822).
- Have developed a Chrome Extension.
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team
Get to Know Us!
At Mixmax, our mission is to change how the world communicates. We’re reinventing email for business: helping sales, customer success, and recruiting teams sell, succeed, and hire better. More than 10,000 customers rely on us to get their jobs done. We’re profitable, growing fast, and we want your help to grow even faster!
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
As a team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career. Check out our Instagram to see how much fun we have together!
We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, generous health, dental & vision, and fitness reimbursement benefits. And you get to work on product people LOVE!