Engineering ManagerSan Francisco, CA · View all jobs
We're looking to hire an engineering manager to help grow our team. In this role, you’ll help shape the people and processes in a high-growth startup as one of the heads of the Engineering team
Mixmax is the hub for all your business communications. We integrate with your company's existing toolchain - email, calendar, chat, CRM, and more - to bring all information into one place. This means we're syncing, storing, & indexing hundreds of millions of events a day into our system, and then building blazing fast APIs and rich integrations to delight users. Additionally, we have an extensive Developer API that powers entire third party products.
As an engineering manager you’ll help grow our distributed team, help define processes, recruit great engineers, coach team members to maximize their potential, and talk directly to customers. Mixmax has a hybrid remote / local (in SF) team that values continuous and collective learning, culture over process, data informed development and always asking tons of questions. We actively blog about our work, contribute to open source, sponsor Open Collectives, and host/present at meetups - we actively encourage you to do the same and under your own name.
Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we are actively committed to building a more inclusive work environment. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
As an engineering manager, you’ll:
- Work with the leadership team to define engineering and product objectives.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure that we have the resources to meet those objectives.
- Recruit a world-class distributed team of engineers.
- Help Mixmax engineers build their technical and professional skills to be the best developers they can be.
Requirements and skills you possess:
- At least 2 years experience working as a manager of other developers
- Experience recruiting engineers and building remote teams
- Have a passion for developing both people and processes
- Have excellent documentation and communication skills
- Work in an area where you can have at least 4 hours overlap with 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time
Awesome if you also:
- Have helped build a team at a growth-stage startup.
- Love to experiment with new technology and practices and share knowledge with your team.
- Have worked in a distributed codebase.
- Have contributed to open source.
Get to Know Us!
At Mixmax, our mission is to change how the world communicates. We’re reinventing email for business: helping sales, customer success, and recruiting teams sell, succeed, and hire better. More than 10,000 customers rely on us to get their jobs done. We’re profitable, growing fast, and we want your help to grow even faster!
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
As a team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career. Check out our Instagram to see how much fun we have together!
We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, generous health, dental & vision, and fitness reimbursement benefits. And you get to work on product people LOVE!